Monday, May 11, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I LOVE Being a MOM

  1. LAUNDRY! Do you think I would have mountains of laundry like this if I wasn't a mom? Well, maybe, but then I wouldn't have anyone to blame this mountain of laundry on. And, each article of clothing has a special memory, you know, oh, she wore that when she did this... or he is wearing the shirt Tallin wore when... or just a help me remember how fast they are growing. So yes, I love laundry.

  2. PURE HONESTY! You all know what I mean. You want to know if you look fat? Just wait, and one of your kids will say, "Mom, you look like you're having another baby!" (Yep, that was Paden yesterday!)

  3. SHOPPING! I get to go shopping quite often, and I love seeing how much I save. With 8 of us at home, we have to be a little frugal, so my kids have helped me learn how to shop smartly. I shop thrift stores and clearance racks and use coupons at the grocery store. I save a LOT of money thanks to my kiddos! ;-)

  4. TOYS & BOOKS & STUFF ON THE FLOOR. Okay, NO! I really don't like them being on the floor, I get a little aggitated, but when I take a deep breath, it reminds me that my children feel at home in our house. They are comfortable here. They know this is a safe place for them and their belongings, and a great place to have FUN. So, yeah, I guess I do love stuff around my house... (a little)

  5. COOKING! Seriously. I love being a mom because it allows me to make some really yummy foods. And I LOVE that my kids LOVE my cooking. They often tell Andy and me that we should open our own restaurant. So, we do, well, Andy does. At least once a year, Mother's Day. This really should be one of the top 10 in and of itself because he spoils me. He opens "Cafe Andre'" every Mother's Day and prepares a feast fit for a... Queen! It is really wonderful!

  6. SMUDGE AND FINGER PRINTS... All over everything! You go to turn out the light, and wow, how did that switch get so dirty? Try to look out the sliding back doors; get the windex first! They are EVERYWHERE! And yet, when you know you are done having kids, it is kinda hard to wash it off, because you know there won't be any more little ones to make more...

  7. MEMORIZATION! Yes, I have memorized so much since I became a mom. I know most of the Barney songs, I can tell you what time of day Clifford comes on, I can even quote many lines from Disney and other movies.
  8. LATE NIGHTS! I am not a night owl. At all. I love mornings. Well, I used to. But since I have high schoolers that stay up late, my body is confused. Oh well. I do so enjoy when my girls come and FLY onto my bed. Yes, they FLY. They haven't smoothened out their landings very well yet, but they are still flying, and that's what is important. They fly in and talk to me after dances, or work, or concerts, or field trips and we talk and talk. Sometimes they talk and I sleep, but I LOVE having them there with me. It is a really special thing for me.
  9. ART. My kids are artists. Every one of them. And I love the things they make for me. From cards to posters to ceramics... Just look at these cute cards Quaelii and Tallin made for Mother's Day. It really doesn't get any sweeter.


  10. And my BEST reason I love being a mom, is... Well, 6 reasons! CHESEA, QUAELII, JAECI, TALLIN, PORTER AND PADEN! I really am blessed to be the mother of these special Children of God. And I am so grateful Heavenly Father trusts me enough to be their MOTHER!

3 comments:

deveney said...

Hope you had a great mother's day! I love the picture of you all at the end! You look really happy to be a mom, and they look really happy that you are their mom! Love you! :)

raegan said...

Isn't being a mom the best job! I absolutely LOVE it. I can't believe how big your kids are- and beautiful! Hope you had a happy mother's day and welcome to the blogging world! It is the only way I journal!

Kristi said...

What a sweet post! Your kids are so great! I need you to teach me how to raise girls;)