Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MY MOM ROCKS!!!

You see this amazing woman??? This is MY MOM!!
Of course, I share her with my three "other" sisters. :0)

And seriously, SHE ROCKS!!! See the barrel? Yep, it rocked but then it stayed standing! WHEW! She is 60 years old AND she had MAJOR surgery last September after a horse injury where she broke her leg, right at the top near the hip joint and could hardly walk for 2-3 months. It was the worst break the surgeon had seen in over 4 years, and here she is 10 months later ROCKING the WORLD of BARREL RACING!
I have a video of her barrel race, but I can't figure out how to post it -- yet, but I will!! (Along with my little sister's HAPPY DANCE!)

Anyhow, she won the barrel racing event at the Snowflake Rodeo on my 39th birthday! And she did it in 17.3 seconds! She was awarded this beautiful buckle, and a check for almost $500! She is totally awesome and I am so PROUD to call her MOM!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I am so jealous! And this weekend, jacquie n I r considered the "OTHER" sisters! I am so glad that u got to be their watching her strut her stuff! I too am proud of her n can't wait to see shawnas bellybarrel dance! Get that video posted!hey jenn u need to post a pic of the crawdads "crapping" on ur plate! I am laughing so hard still!

deveney said...

that's cool!

Kristi said...

You're so right! What a cool Mom! Way to Go!!

Kristi said...

Hey Jen - we are going private ASAP and I need your email if you want to read! Thanks! If you just leave a comment on my privacy post I won't let anyone else see it! THX!

Kassy Whetten said...

Hey stranger, I am so glad that I found your blog. It's great seeing what you are up to. I also wanted to know about that coupon sense stuff??? Where can I get in on that? ;) And come check out our blog.